Is it well with your soul?
What does a well soul look like? In short, your soul affects your whole life! Yes, it involves your spiritual life but it also involves your emotional/relational life as well as your business life. The soul is the core of who we are . . . and if it is unhealthy, every aspect of our life is impacted. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do you feel alive or are you disconnected from your emotions?
- Do you experience freedom to be who you were created to be or do you feel lost, afraid, and cut off from meaning?
- Is you life characterized by peace or are you tossed and twisted with anxiety and worry?
- Do you have a vital relationship with God or do you feel guilty and unworthy?
- Do you connect well with others or does anger and fear get in the way
- Do you like who you in relationship to others or are you hampered by unforgiveness?
- Are you comfortable in your own skin with a sense of self-worth or are you defined by what other people think of you?
- Do you live the life that you desire or are you frustrated and stuck but afraid of change?
How you honestly answer these questions gives you clues as to the health of your soul.
Maybe it is time to attend to your CORE . . . because if your core is not solid, everything else will eventually come crashing down.
If you desire, I can come alongside you for a season to help you better connected to your own soul and better connected to God and others– and how you can gain a better sense of your own significance, security and safety in this fast-paced world in which we live
Specifically, here are some of the ways that I can help you:
- To find and overcome barriers in your personal and work life.
- To discover where you are and why you are stuck.
- To see and understand your life story.
- To develop a renewed vision of your life.
- To facilitate a process for real soul growth.
- To equip you with the tools you need to engage more powerfully in your personal and work relationships.
- To help you identify the deepest desires of your heart and to begin to live, move, and choose to
live from those deep desires.
It is my heart and aim to create a friendly, caring and confidential environment where you can feel safe to explore and express yourself. To be heard. To be seen. To be understood. To speak of those things that wear you down and make you feel inadequate and afraid.
Why I can help:
I am a trained Spiritual Director.
Many people are not familiar with the term. Spiritual Direction is an ancient tradition, practiced since the earliest days of Christianity. The director is a helper who comes alongside to accompany another along the way on their spiritual journey and to help them detect the movement of God in their soul. All of this takes place in the presence of the living Christ and the comfort and wisdom of the Holy Spirit of God.
I have a Masters Degree in Pastoral Theology from Loyola Marymount in LA, where I studied under Dr. Wilkie Au, who some like to call a doctor of the heart.
In addition, I have more than a dozen years of business experience and understand the all aspects of sales, marketing and financial acumen–having founded a wholesale gift company as well as served as Director of Licensing for a startup company.
Did you ever ask yourself what you wanted to be when you grew up? You are actually answering that question with your life. Yes, it is true that the path of life is mysterious and takes many side-roads and detours. But in the end, if you pay attention to your heart and its deepest desires, you will find your way to your true vocation . . . and, as Frederick Buechner says, it will be a place of great joy!** It is my great joy to assist you in finding your joy.
So, I ask the question again: “Is it well with your soul and can I help you?”
That is, in my humble opinion, the key question of life! I suppose I do not come to this conclusion without a great deal of help from God’s word, where Jesus makes this profound statement: “What do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?” (Matthew 16:26, NLT)
If you could world like to have someone come alongside you in your life journey, perhaps I can be of help. I can do that in person or by Skype.
- How much does health of your life and soul mean to you? Maybe you would like to think about that and begin with one free 30 minute session. After that, my rate is $75.00 per 45 minute session. We can do that in person, by Skype or Facetime, or by phone.
If you are interested in seeing if this is a good fit for you, please contact me. Love to talk to you!
- “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.” ― Frederick Buechner, Wishful Thinking: A Theological ABC